[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Anyone have a kenwood headunit im having probs with it!
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Anyone have a kenwood headunit im having probs with it!

Anyone have a kenwood headunit im having probs with it!

Postby HKSV6SLE » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:17 am

my kenwood headunit is weird...when i first start my car up the controls on the unit work ok..but after a few minutes all the buttons go dead and only the remote can control it....anyone have any ideas? its an excelon unit from 97 kdc-ps907
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Luc » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:13 am

Part of the problem is the MASK feature, where the ribbon cable between the circuit board and faceplate may have become loose. I've seen it on many Kenwood headunits with that feature, yet the remote works.
1998 S/C'd 1MZ-FE A/T
Luc
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby c2g » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:56 am

happened to me i just bought a new radio
99 silverstream SE V6 18" RSL nengans, Streetglow head and fog lights, Reverse guages,
Kicker L7 12" DVC, MTX amp, panasonic 903U, sirius, shaved emblems, clear corners,
altezza tails, K&N filter, mesh upper & lower grill so far
c2g
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PureNocence » Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:35 pm

Yea, I've had a couple Kenwood head units. The d-mask is has a common problem of the ribbon always breaking. It costs about $75 to repair
PureNocence
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5