[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hi I know nothing and want a system
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Hi I know nothing and want a system

Hi I know nothing and want a system

Postby St.Anton » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:38 am

I want a sound system but I know next to nothing about them.
I'm not really looking for too much bass. Looking for sound quality. Probably won't even get a sub, but if I do it won't more than a single 10. Would like a deck with iPod compatibility.

What's the easiest way to get it installed? Best Buy?

What do I need to get? Deck, speakers, amp, +?, +?

What brands/models should I get?

Any help is appreciated 8)
St.Anton
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Hi I know nothing and want a system

Postby timbrinosa » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Sounds like you're a true music lover who do not see music as thuds and booms only. For car audio system, BOSS would come first. Quality audio, compact design but kinda expensive. That's just my opinion.
I am 30, male and i love cars and bikes.
timbrinosa
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby St.Anton » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:03 am

Well i'm actually putting myself on a budget. I figure since i'm not looking for earthquake bass, it doesn't need to cost too much.

I installed a Pioneer DEH-1300MP deck. I regret being cheap. I'm not going to go to a double DIN tho. Don't wanna get my car smashed for it.

Besides that, I need to buy component set, amp, and a small sub. A 10 or even an 8 if possible. No rears. I'm looking to get the entire system (minus the deck) for under $500. Any recommendations? I'm all about SQL

Also, how hard is it to install front speakers? Would I have to get it done professionally to make it look nice?
St.Anton
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jabraltar » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:53 pm

I think your best bet would be to research and find reviews on a variety of different speakers/subs/amps that fit your desire. Once you find the what you're looking for, go on kijiji, craigslist, or scan your local pawn shops for them.

I knew absolutely nothing about my car when I first got it and paid Best Buy to do the install. Worst money I've ever spent seeing as now I could install them on both doors in 20 minutes. Long story short: the level of difficulty is minimal and it won't be a hard job for you to learn how to do it.
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5