[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Radio interference
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Radio interference

Radio interference

Postby mailskobe » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:34 pm

Hi,
i read through some topics but i am not sure if they addressed this problem in particular.

I had Infinity kappa perfect 10.1 sub with JBL BP600 amp some days back. The power wire runs thru the default firewall opening on the right side of the car. The sub is powered by RCA INs.

now, ever since i had this installed i get a lot of interference on my radio channels (FM). the minute i disconnet power to the sub-amp the interference stops..

any solutions?
thanks
mailskobe
============================
2000 SZ V6, 5 speed, silver
============================
mailskobe
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Radio interference

Postby Luc » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:45 am

mailskobe wrote:The power wire runs thru the default firewall opening on the right side of the car.

That's where the noise pickup is, since the antenna is run down the right side of the car. Although the antenna cables are shielded, they are still susceptible to pick up noise.
1998 S/C'd 1MZ-FE A/T
Luc
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5