[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - rear deck?!!??!?!
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Shame on Japanese for making this car so hard to deal with?

yes
18%
yes of course
82%

Total votes : 11

rear deck?!!??!?!

rear deck?!!??!?!

Postby Callen » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:24 am

iazuncupidi wrote:To take out the Rear deck,

1. you first need to remove the rear seats(I believed the bolts holding those in are 12MM socket), the 2 back pieces that go fold.
2. you need to remove the 2 side panel. that off the handle with a 10mm socket and the rest of it is clips
3. then remove the screws in the rear deck there should be 4 or 5 if i recall correctly and the rear deck will slide out. 3 bolts for the 6x9 in the rear.
4. You need to drill new holes for the new 6x9 cuz they will be the diff then the stock ones.

I will try to make a DIY sections.

Kenny

I swear there must have been something left out in this tutorial, as i have taken apart mostly all the back area of my car, and can't get the rear panel to "slide" off. The black back plastic portion has seatbelt rolls attatched to it, and the felt, tan cover on top of it does not seem to come off.......... Help would be greatly appreciated.
2 JL 12w6's powered by
Hifonics BX1000D amp@ 1.5 ohms run off an
Alpine CDA-9833

soon to be
CDT EF61CFi/25 6.5" components.
Callen
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby indiglosolara » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:00 am

all the panels in the real have to be removed, such as rear upper panel arrounding the windows, seats and side panels in order for the rear deck to slide off.

Remove all bolt as ness. to remove panels.

Kenny
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby HKSV6SLE » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:40 pm

yea all the panels need to come off..but you'll be glad to know..that the doors speakers are a lot easier....and there are cars harder then ours..namely euro cars.....so...could be worse...
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby c2g » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:10 pm

It's really not all that hard it's just tedious once you do it it doesn't take long at all
99 silverstream SE V6 18" RSL nengans, Streetglow head and fog lights, Reverse guages,
Kicker L7 12" DVC, MTX amp, panasonic 903U, sirius, shaved emblems, clear corners,
altezza tails, K&N filter, mesh upper & lower grill so far
c2g
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ZapmanSQ » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:43 am

well, if the 6x9 its hard to remove it. i think i just forget the 6x9 in the back and get me some serious components at front, but that just me.
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Callen » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:33 am

PGti4L wrote:well, if the 6x9 its hard to remove it. i think i just forget the 6x9 in the back and get me some serious components at front, but that just me.

And just admire the new speakers i bought for my last car? :wink:

Also 2 more questions. Does anyone know where to order a speaker wire harness for the rears (not too much of a problem)

and 2, if anyone knows the best way to fit a 6x9 (with 4 holes making a rectangle) over the triangled 3 holes those silly asians put in. Should I use an adapter if I feel the need to be lazy, or is drilling holes not all that bad? Cause I can't imagine it being to easy as the holes go right over slanted parts of the metal frame. I heard the infinity kappa 693.5i can fit OEM,,, but I don't know what that means,, sounds like some sort of factory name. Thanks for input.
2 JL 12w6's powered by
Hifonics BX1000D amp@ 1.5 ohms run off an
Alpine CDA-9833

soon to be
CDT EF61CFi/25 6.5" components.
Callen
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5