[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Subwoofer underneath driver's seat
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Subwoofer underneath driver's seat

Subwoofer underneath driver's seat

Postby hari-bhari » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:48 am

I rode in my friend's 335i and I really liked the feeling of bass you get from having the sub underneath the seat. I was wondering if this was possible to do in our cars? A quick google search revealed some 6" subs that go under the seats with the amplifiers included, but I already have an amp in the trunk so all I need is a sub with enclosure to slide under the seat. Any ideas?
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Subwoofer underneath driver's seat

Postby corlon » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:54 pm

don't really see it happening with a power seat.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MisterTedster » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:33 pm

If you want the feeling of bass in your seat, buy an Aura Pro Bass Shaker. Not many folks use it for car audio, but it can be done easily.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:21 pm

I know someone did the bass under the front seats with a gen2 on here, just can't locate the post.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby indiglosolara » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:40 pm

I have subs installed under my front passenger seat on my xb... but there is not enough room on the solara. I have 2 10" Shallow mt. subs at home from elemental Designs. SQ10 subs. It only needs 3" mounting dept. I also have seen the 6" ones which require about 2.5" of mounting dept. Elemental designs has some really good speakers.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby timbrinosa » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:13 pm

It's possible, but i think you'll need a sub with a built in amps because most probably the amps you have are designed to the current load you have and beside it, having a a dedicated for the sub underneath your seat will assure you maximized power of your sub. :D
I am 30, male and i love cars and bikes.
timbrinosa
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dkertis10 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:32 pm

MisterTedster wrote:If you want the feeling of bass in your seat, buy an Aura Pro Bass Shaker. Not many folks use it for car audio, but it can be done easily.

can you go into more detail how to hook these up? I've seen them mentioned but never knew how they worked
Kicker sound system, 17 inch MB Wheels on Continental ContiExtremeContact tires, more mods to come..
dkertis10
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Budd81 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:52 pm

dkertis10 wrote:
MisterTedster wrote:If you want the feeling of bass in your seat, buy an Aura Pro Bass Shaker. Not many folks use it for car audio, but it can be done easily.

can you go into more detail how to hook these up? I've seen them mentioned but never knew how they worked

Just like hooking up a speaker. . mount it to the seat & run the wire
99 Camry V6 5-speed S/C'd
Budd81
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5