[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - how do i add a sub to my JBL system?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

how do i add a sub to my JBL system?

how do i add a sub to my JBL system?

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:29 am

Hey as the topci states... i have a jbl system and i want to add some bass for some extra thump. How do i go about doing so? In another thread i was directed to this forum and they mentioned something about a kit to buy? Thank in advance ,fellow solara drivers :P
BTW my username is lazykid, im having a problem logging in righ tnow

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:26 am

You are going to need to get a line in converter for the amp. You tap the rear speakers with this converter and it will provide RCA inputs for your amp.

The other choice is to get an aftermarket headunit which will yield much better results
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:58 pm

i dont want to add an amp, i want to add sub

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:07 pm

you can't. You need to power the sub some how.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:14 pm

i thought the JBL system already has an amp?If not, i need an amp and a sub? What specs shoudl i look for for the amp or sub?

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:i thought the JBL system already has an amp?If not, i need an amp and a sub? What specs shoudl i look for for the amp or sub?

Haha, you got a long way to go buddy. The JBL system has an amp but its only meant for the speakers.

It all depends on what you want. Best bet is to goto a retail outlet and talk to them about subs. You can hear how they sound and see what u like
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby lazykid » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:07 pm

yanks, how much should i expect to pay for the line in converter ? Also where in JErz are you? Im in middlesex county
lazykid
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby HKSV6SLE » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:52 am

you need to get a line drop to run it off the factory radio...u need a amp of some sort to run any type of subs, if you want a place to intsall it for you go to someplcae like bestbuy, circuit city etc....so that way there's a warranty on the work....i would suggest getting rid of the factory speakers sometime..they suck....
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5