[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - question stock alternator solara 2000 four cylinder?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

question stock alternator solara 2000 four cylinder?

question stock alternator solara 2000 four cylinder?

Postby ZapmanSQ » Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:27 pm

hi all, i currently doing install my amp. running power wire back through the trunk. using 100 amps circuit breaker from battery to distro block and from distro block i breaked down 80 amp to my amp, so totally i used only 80 amps. my question is: my stock alternator how many amps can supply? and how' many amp on my stock alternator? thanks, i appreciated for your time.
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kubi » Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:48 pm

the stock alternator is 80 amps. i'm not sure how much the electrical system uses but i'd guess around 40-50? i could be way off
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pro956 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:29 am

what are the spec on your amp? i'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about...
AIM: pro956
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ZapmanSQ » Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:24 pm

specs of my PG MS2125 TA amp are:

@ 4 ohm 12.5 VDC 125x2
@ 4 ohm 14.4 VDC 160x2
@ 2 ohm 14.4 VDC 255x2
@ 4 ohm 14.4 VDC bridged 510W
@ 2 ohm 14.4 VDC bridged 720W

fuse use 80 amps
no Xover on this amp
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby swimshady906 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:05 pm

the electical system leaves about 10 amps for additional draw with the headlights on. it's weak :roll:
02' S2000 Silverstone
00' SE V6 Silverstream - sold :(

We race because Basketball, Baseball, Football and Soccer only require one ball.
swimshady906
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ZapmanSQ » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:03 pm

ok, i did some homework like add some ground wires engine and alternator to be 4 gauge and a stinger battery SPV44 under hood so do you think can my electrical system handle the load for my amp? i suppose to run 2 amps but i feel the alternator can't do the job so i only use one amp for now.
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby HKSV6SLE » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:15 pm

i think your electrical system should be fine....you seem to have a lot of audio stuff in your car like mine....when my stuff was put in...the most problems i had was the battery not being able to keep up power..but since you got a better battery that should solve your problems. maybe getting a capacitator will solve the problem. most people will tell you to upgrade the battery and when that end is completely done..then worry about the alternator, since the alternator costs a lot to change or to get rebuilt. do your headlights dim..when you run the system?
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ZapmanSQ » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:43 pm

HKSV6SLE wrote:i think your electrical system should be fine....you seem to have a lot of audio stuff in your car like mine....when my stuff was put in...the most problems i had was the battery not being able to keep up power..but since you got a better battery that should solve your problems. maybe getting a capacitator will solve the problem. most people will tell you to upgrade the battery and when that end is completely done..then worry about the alternator, since the alternator costs a lot to change or to get rebuilt. do your headlights dim..when you run the system?

well, i forgot to tell you that i do have a cap is PG titanium cap. couple days ago i'd try to put my old set up in, which is a PG octane R8:0.1 D class mono amp pushing an eclipse sub alum and what happen is every time the bass hit my needle RMP keep up and down. but that set up just go with stock battery and no cap, so i think if i have a stinger battery and a cap maybe can help my alternator not having hard time.
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby HKSV6SLE » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:05 pm

the stinger battery and the cap should help...i actually had one cap in my car at first...then when the lights were still dimming i added another one to it and then cahgned the battery....now i rarely have dimming....only under full power with the bass all the way up my music set on a Bass cd...and with the ac running full power...basically..making the cars eletrical system work hard....otherwise i don't have problems. in the future im gonna change the alternator..but for now its working good....
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

if you have the money...

Postby MonkieX » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:10 pm

I say caps and deep cycle batteries are only a way to slow down the on coming death a a Sp system. Even an extra battery is just a short term solution. Alternator upgrades on the other hand will bass-ically last you as ling as your car. You probably can get a 160 amp Alternator for about 299 i belive. i'll send the link when i find it. It's well worth it iff you think about it. Would you rather have another 20-30 pounds of extra weight from batterys, caps and every other little thing to stop your light from dimming or just swap out your stock Alt. for a beefed up one?? Even if you don't like to drive fast, think of the benefits on gas consumption. Cuz afer my 3 amps. 2 jl 500/1's and a kicker kx800. My 2 subs : 2 jl 10w3v2's both in custom enclosures, and all the freaking dynamat my car prolly weighs about 200# more than it should... maybe more. Not to mention the Audio Control Eql, Overdrive, and 24xs. i might as well not drive it cuz i guzzle gas like there is no tommorow.

Sorry to get off on a tangent... but save yourmoney on the caps, and the extra battery and get yourself a new alternator.
MonkieX
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: if you have the money...

Postby Gunman » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:56 pm

MonkieX wrote:I say caps and deep cycle batteries are only a way to slow down the on coming death a a Sp system. Even an extra battery is just a short term solution. Alternator upgrades on the other hand will bass-ically last you as ling as your car. You probably can get a 160 amp Alternator for about 299 i belive. i'll send the link when i find it. It's well worth it iff you think about it. Would you rather have another 20-30 pounds of extra weight from batterys, caps and every other little thing to stop your light from dimming or just swap out your stock Alt. for a beefed up one?? Even if you don't like to drive fast, think of the benefits on gas consumption. Cuz afer my 3 amps. 2 jl 500/1's and a kicker kx800. My 2 subs : 2 jl 10w3v2's both in custom enclosures, and all the freaking dynamat my car prolly weighs about 200# more than it should... maybe more. Not to mention the Audio Control Eql, Overdrive, and 24xs. i might as well not drive it cuz i guzzle gas like there is no tommorow.
sorry to get off on a tangent... but save yourmoney on the caps, and the extra battery and get yourself a new alternator.

mook is right on the money, you need power to make power, every thing is just a short term solution. Pretty awesome the level of knowledge in 12 volts has grown here. :D
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: if you have the money...

Postby ZapmanSQ » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:02 pm

MonkieX wrote:I say caps and deep cycle batteries are only a way to slow down the on coming death a a Sp system. Even an extra battery is just a short term solution. Alternator upgrades on the other hand will bass-ically last you as ling as your car. You probably can get a 160 amp Alternator for about 299 i belive. i'll send the link when i find it. It's well worth it iff you think about it. Would you rather have another 20-30 pounds of extra weight from batterys, caps and every other little thing to stop your light from dimming or just swap out your stock Alt. for a beefed up one?? Even if you don't like to drive fast, think of the benefits on gas consumption. Cuz afer my 3 amps. 2 jl 500/1's and a kicker kx800. My 2 subs : 2 jl 10w3v2's both in custom enclosures, and all the freaking dynamat my car prolly weighs about 200# more than it should... maybe more. Not to mention the Audio Control Eql, Overdrive, and 24xs. i might as well not drive it cuz i guzzle gas like there is no tommorow.

Sorry to get off on a tangent... but save yourmoney on the caps, and the extra battery and get yourself a new alternator.

yea, you're right! but if you do know how to install and do some homework like.... upgrade all 4 gauge ground wires under the hood, and get yourself some good good deep cycle battery with adding one cap next to your amp. i would say you don't have to upgrade an alternator untill you have a bad electrical system then you thinking put HO alternator. for an example my system not dimming at all even i played at high volume. i'm very comforable @ what i did! thanks for your input.
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby HKSV6SLE » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:33 pm

well...when i left the post earlier..i think i should have said that...getting another cap and a better battery would be a better first step then a new alternator....in the long rtun of course you're going to want to get a new alternator...but most installers would probably tell you that changing the battery side is easier...at least for a short term..fix...and then to work on the alternator...
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MonkieX » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:05 pm

New Battery... 125-199 Optima red-Blue
Cap .... 99-450 1farad Stinger Cap - 15 Farad Aluma Pro Cap.

New alternator ... about 350-400

you decide. or get both. but i'm sure none of us will need a 15 farad Aluma Cap so it's all good.
MonkieX
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5