[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - quick questiion
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

quick questiion

quick questiion

Postby i4yue » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:47 pm

im pretty new to the solara and really dont know much about this cars audio system so hopefully someone can answer these few quick questions

1. 99 solara without a stock sub. is there a factory amp??

2. i am wanting to hook up an aftermarket system. i currently have a sub, multi-channel amp and i want to run all my speakers + sub from my amp is that possible?

3. im not 100% sure but is it possible run the sub off one channel, rears off the second, and the two components in front off the last two?
i4yue
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: quick questiion

Postby Taido » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:29 am

I would get a second amp (Class D preferably) for the sub.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Re: quick questiion

Postby enz1ey » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:49 pm

The factory head unit IS an amp. It powers the speakers/tweeters. It is possible to run your sub off of one channel, but typically you'd run all your speakers on the same channel. Using a single amp to power both your sub(s) and speakers probably isn't a good idea because you need to filter out the highs going to your subs, and most amps don't have a filter for each channel. Unless you spend more money on one that has that capability, it is probably best to just get two amps. But be warned, rewiring all your speakers and tweeters is not an easy task, especially for some one asking these types of questions...
enz1ey
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5