[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - question drill firewall run power wires?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

question drill firewall run power wires?

question drill firewall run power wires?

Postby ZapmanSQ » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:48 am

hello guys, i am very happy to become a family nember of toyota solara
forums. right now i'm doing my system installation, my question is where the area to drill a hole. my car is 2000 toyota solara, if anyone knows instruction how to do it would be appreciated. thanks for your times
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Blaze » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:22 am

look around for a rubber grommet that u can feed the wire through
Imagination is the hood ornament on the car of creativity.
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby geminimouse » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:17 pm

I put the wires thru a rubber grommet near the driver's side door. Kinda hard to drill the firewall.
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:00 pm

thanks for all reply, but if i run 0 gauge can go through it? thanks

Postby ZapmanSQ » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:30 pm

ooops my bad i didn't log in, sorry guys
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 99solarai4 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:52 pm

make a slit in the grommet on the passenger side of the firewall. Thats where a lot of the guys here ran their power wires
'99 Solara SE i-4

Back to Stock
99solarai4
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:58 pm

Heres where mine is run. Its very easy to do

Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jaimster » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:01 pm

Yup, that's how I ran my two 0 gauge wires through. It's really the best way to do it! :)
Yeah, I've owned 2 Solaras so.............................Image
Jaimster
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Gunman » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:29 pm

is it a stick or auto?
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Peter » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:26 am

hehe, reminds me of my install.... ahhhh memories. email me if u have manual, i ran a 0 gauge through my firewall, i can take pics if u want me to.
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby ZapmanSQ » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:33 am

Peter wrote:hehe, reminds me of my install.... ahhhh memories. email me if u have manual, i ran a 0 gauge through my firewall, i can take pics if u want me to.

what's difference automatic and and manual? my car is automatic so that mean can not drill to the firewall. today i go out my car and check it, there is an area can be drill but i'm not sure is the right one or not so if you can post the pics that before you did i appreciated. thanks
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby indiglosolara » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:10 pm

I drilled a hole thru the firwall to put my 4ga wires thru. Ill take pics. its very easy and plus u can't even tell i drilled the hole.

Kenny
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby ZapmanSQ » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:56 pm

yes, i would like to see some pics! thanks
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby krook » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:27 pm

there's a real easy place to drill through the firewall that is very convenient. it's on the driver's side, so it may save you some wire if that's of any concern.

look above and to the LEFT of your brake pedal. you'll see a fat propellor looking rubber piece that you can just pull out. pull it out; behind you will see a circle in the firewall. drill the middle of that circle with a small drill bit, then bore it out with a uni-bit. put a rubber grommet in the hole.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby indiglosolara » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:41 pm

there's a real easy place to drill through the firewall that is very convenient. it's on the driver's side, so it may save you some wire if that's of any concern.

look above and to the LEFT of your brake pedal. you'll see a fat propellor looking rubber piece that you can just pull out. pull it out; behind you will see a circle in the firewall. drill the middle of that circle with a small drill bit, then bore it out with a uni-bit. put a rubber grommet in the hole

This is exactly what i did also. It looks like something was suppose to be there like a cylinder/clutch master cylinder or something but i have the SE i-4 auto so i dunno. I just pulled this little plastic rubber piece out from the interior next to the break pedal and drilled a hole and feed the wire thru there. It was really easy. Took me about 10 mins with the drill. then i feed the wire from my driver side back to the trunk. but ill take some pics just to post it. Maybe ill do it for the DIY section.

Kenny
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5