[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - pa system
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

pa system

pa system

Postby jello » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:19 pm

I want to have like a cb radio mic in my car and have a small speaker behind my grill so I can talk out of it. What all would I need just a mic pa amp and a speaker? Is there a cheaper way to do it w/o the pa amp?

Thanks,
Jello
00 solara sle
jello
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kubi » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:40 am

Sounds like a good way to get a ticket for impersonating an officer ;) Be careful with things like that, it's a fairly serious offence.
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby prophesized » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:55 am

i think they sells those at like autozone for 50 bucks, the kind that make retarded animals noises but you can talk out of them too, i dont know how good they are though.
prophesized
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gunman » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:55 pm

DEI has a the siren with voice mod that you can mic and speak out of.
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:00 am

where can I get that dei thing?

Postby jello » Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:01 am

that was me. I forgot to log in.
00 solara sle
jello
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Gunman » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:49 pm

just about anywhere that features dei equipment
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krook » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:53 pm

Gunman wrote:DEI has a the siren with voice mod that you can mic and speak out of.

but with that siren you could only record one thing and have it hooked up to a play button. so you can't really "talk" out of it, but you can playback what you previously recorded. right, gunner?
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby hari-bhari » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:03 pm

i was thinkin about gettin one of those too. i would love to yell at ppl who cut me off or drive like crazy. i would also love to laugh and make fun of ricers who pull up next to me. imagine the possibilities!!
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Gunman » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:05 am

krooked Solara wrote:
Gunman wrote:DEI has a the siren with voice mod that you can mic and speak out of.

but with that siren you could only record one thing and have it hooked up to a play button. so you can't really "talk" out of it, but you can playback what you previously recorded. right, gunner?

it actually doubles as a pa system, thats what the small mic is on the inside for. I guess they made it for consumers like him that want this feature. If i remember correctly you just hold down the button for a second or two and then speak. Its no police pa but i guess you could have fun with it.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TXSolaraSLE » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:25 am

I had a PA speaker in my old '89 Camry in highschool when I had a CB and had a ton of fun with it back then! For ~$50 you can probly get a pawn shop CB and a 5 watt loudspeaker from radio shack and rig all that up. if you don't want to use the CB for anything but a PA, you can just mount it some where inconspicuous and only have the mic out. They also make smaller CBs that are more like the size of a vhs tape than the size of a vcr :)
'99 Black Solara SLE
18" Mille Miglia Evo5
Yokohama AVS ES100
Indiglo Gauges
Kicker KSR100
K&N Filter
Xenon Headlights & License plate bulbs
TXSolaraSLE
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5