[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - the subs are in!!!
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

the subs are in!!!

the subs are in!!!

Postby kronos98 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:52 am

i JUST installed my subs last night at like midnight and finished at 2 am. i was cruising with my friends for quite some time afterwards!!

i started by routing the 8 gauge Street Wires power line through the engine bay and then through the firewall through a small incision in one of the rubber seals (just like Yanks').

Then, I snaked it through my interior behind my glove compartment, behind the kick panel, under the door step, and finally under the rear seat.

I grounded my amp to one of the mounting screws of the rear speakers (temporarily, until i find a better spot).

I got a US Acoustics 2100 amp off of ebay, so it didn't come with a wiring harness for high-level input...DOH! so i went to radio shack and built myself a 3-pin harness out of D-connector pins, some simple soldering, and lots of electrical tape.

then, i alligator clipped the wires to the rear deck speakers. i used 14-gauge speaker wires to connect my Infinity Ref 1020W subs (housed in an MTX dual 10" sealed enclosure).

it was a pain in my rear to strip all the wires and crimp everything without the right tools, but i was in a hurry to get the thing working!

it's a really "ghetto setup," as one of my friend's called it: i even had to power the auto-on with just an alligator clip to the main power line. oh well, i'll fix it later =P

man! does it sound goooood. i looove it. there's absolutely no engine noise or anything in the system (phew). i guess i just got lucky or something.

when my panasonic head unit comes in, i'll install is and rewire everything the "right" way.

currently, i'm afraid of blowing something, so i've got the gain and bass boost turned all the down, and it STILL sounds spectacular! i can't wait til i finish this thing!
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby prophesized » Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:46 pm

nice. got any pics?
prophesized
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kronos98 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:16 pm

i don't have a digital camera :oops:

poor college student just barely have enough money for subs!

but i'll borrow one soon!
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5