[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Capacitator Charging?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Capacitator Charging?

Capacitator Charging?

Postby Blaze » Mon May 19, 2003 2:19 pm

Does anyone know how to charge up a capacitator? Ive lost the little charge thingie, but I know theres another way. I think i need to get a resistor or something. Gunman you should know?
Imagination is the hood ornament on the car of creativity.
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Yanks0114 » Mon May 19, 2003 3:23 pm

You can use a resistor but the easiest way is a lightbulb.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: Capacitator Charging?

Postby pro956 » Mon May 19, 2003 6:39 pm

Blaze wrote:Does anyone know how to charge up a capacitator? Ive lost the little charge thingie, but I know theres another way. I think i need to get a resistor or something. Gunman you should know?

i think (it's been a while):

pos on your battery to pos on your cap
ground your neg

keep it like that for about 30-45 seconds, that should be enough
AIM: pro956
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Gunman » Mon May 19, 2003 7:53 pm

different brand caps use different resistor values, but basically what you want to do is put the resistor in line connecting the two terminals, and then connect your pos and neg. Using a multimeter, set it to DC and when it reached 12volts your good. I would think a 1k resistor will be ok, the higher the longer it would take thats all. :wink:
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5