[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - subwoofer
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

subwoofer

subwoofer

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:10 pm

i was wondering how you guys felt about the infinity basslink subwoofer. do you think it would be powerful enough? i don't want any headaches just some additional low end to add to the jbl system. its also only about 200 which is pretty cheap compared to a box, sub and amp setup.
thanks

Postby krook » Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:21 pm

i heard the infinity kapaa's are good, but i haven't heard of that particular brand you have there.

also, psst! this is in the wrong section....

(audio forum)
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:33 pm

ya, i know but i didn't get much response on my other post which i put in the audio forum so i just put it here. sorry

this is the powered sub by infinity. 200 watt rms amp and 10 inch woofer + 10 inch passive radiator or somthin

has anyone heard it in a car, i went to circuit city but couldn't really tell
thanks

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:46 pm

I've heard the basslink and its got phenominal bass for a self amped sub. I used to have a bazooka tube and i was very unhappy with it. I heard the basslink and i almost bought one right on the spot. Eventually i got 2 infinity perfects which pound even harder but still. The nice thing is the basslink is inexpensive and its a full kit, amp and sub. You have to remember that the solara is a big car with a big trunk so its hard to get really good bass but the basslink provided clean deep bass like all infinity products. If you have the money and the space go for the 2 10" but if not this is a great choice
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby CrazyCraig » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:52 pm

Never heard the basslink, but Infinity is top notch equipment as a rule. I've never heard a poor sounding Infinity product yet. I'd go for it.
CrazyCraig
CrazyCraig
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Peter » Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:37 am

i was thinking of getting the basslink too. its got really good reviews, but now im saving up money for the 12" perfects w/ monoamp cuz im thinking, why not just spend another 200 and have a cleaner setup. the basslink looks a little too fancy IMO.
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:54 am

Peter wrote:i was thinking of getting the basslink too. its got really good reviews, but now im saving up money for the 12" perfects w/ monoamp cuz im thinking, why not just spend another 200 and have a cleaner setup. the basslink looks a little too fancy IMO.

My thoughts exactly :D Get the JBL BP600.1. Its an amazing amp. JBL and Infinity are owned by harmon kardon, maybe that is part of the reason why they sound so good together but they're a perfect fit. Run it in 2 ohm and you got one hell of a setup. My 10" pound like you can't believe.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PureNocence » Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:56 pm

JL's are the bomb...I haven't had any problems with mine. Oh, but if you don't mind spending the $$$ I heard Digital Design's are suppose to be really good :D
PureNocence
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: subwoofer

Postby pro956 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:22 pm

Anonymous wrote:i was wondering how you guys felt about the infinity basslink subwoofer. do you think it would be powerful enough? i don't want any headaches just some additional low end to add to the jbl system. its also only about 200 which is pretty cheap compared to a box, sub and amp setup.
thanks

better off getting a seprate sub amp and box than a self amped system...
if it's space you're worried about, you can always get an 8 or a 10 w/small box requirements. a cdt audio minibox 8 or 10 would do the job
AIM: pro956
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby pro956 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:31 pm

PureNocence wrote:JL's are the bomb...I haven't had any problems with mine. Oh, but if you don't mind spending the $$$ I heard Digital Design's are suppose to be really good :D

not sure, but i was under the impression dd subs are mainly for spl-- like shocker
companies that rival JL? well there are a bunch, but you can save a few bucks w/image dynamics (best customer service around as well)
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:57 pm

hey pro956, have u ever actualy heard the infinity basslink or are you just assuming that because it is self amplified that it is not as good as a box, amp, sub setup? i would think that with a 200 watt rms amp the basslink should be pretty good. i really don't even want anything that can get so loud without distorting that you can hear it from a block away even with the windows down (even tho i think the basslink would do that when the windows are down).

Postby pro956 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:28 pm

Anonymous wrote:hey pro956, have u ever actualy heard the infinity basslink or are you just assuming that because it is self amplified that it is not as good as a box, amp, sub setup? i would think that with a 200 watt rms amp the basslink should be pretty good. i really don't even want anything that can get so loud without distorting that you can hear it from a block away even with the windows down (even tho i think the basslink would do that when the windows are down).

i've heard basslink's twice, most recently at a friends shop in an accord (i think a '98). the basslink is the best in car self amplified system i've heard-- but it doesn't come close to a proper box/amp/sub setup
from your 1st post i knew you weren't looking for something boomy that's why i brought up the cdt audio minibox 8 (100w rms) or 10 (150w rms)
http://www.cdtaudio.com/TopHigh.htm
they're sq subs-- not boomy at all

what kinda budget are you on?
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby indiglosolara » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:18 pm

i never personally heard of those. but a great setup will also be the JBL 600.1 mono amp that everyone in this forum has talked about. im currently running the JBL 600.1 amp and 2 12" crystal CSE 12.4 Dual voice coil. and they hit hard. wired the subs to run at 1ohm and they get massive power fromt he amp. this set up cost me under $500.00 u can view the subs reviews on www.sounddomain.com. this is what i would suggest. u can look at my system setup but goin to me website at the bottm. jus click on the link. will post pic soon.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

stock stereo

Postby donlou » Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:11 pm

Is the stock head unit good? How about the speakers? Are you planning on adding the basslink to the original head unit, or is it aftermarket?
donlou
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:24 pm

just to the original head unit, unless i can find a double din that goes well with the interior.

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5