[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - subwoofer
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

subwoofer

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:26 pm

if anyone has a sub amp box setup that i could get for under 250 that they think would be better could you please tell me. i'm thinking about an 8 inch eclipse. are they're subs any good for the price?

Postby pro956 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:18 pm

cdt audio ms-100 10" sub
-150w rms
-EXTREME SOUND QUALITY SUBWOOFER
condition: like new, hooked up once to test it out, in retail box
retail price: $270
price: $100 shipped
it has some warranty on it, around 8 months i think
$167 shipped w/sealed box built to spec

lightning audio b.200.2 200w rms 2-channel amp
condition: brand new, in retail box
$78 shipped
has around 8 months warranty

or

same amp

2 rockford fosgate punch z 10s
100w rms/200w max
$30 each shipped
condition: used but in perfect shape, in retail box

or

one of:

jensen 525watt xs1212 12" Subwoofer
http://members.aol.com/pro956/xs1212.jpg
i had two jensen subs, busted them, sent them in for repair, they
discontinued the subs i sent in, so they send me these
-600 watts power handling (max rating, probably 175w rms)
condition: brand new, in retail box w/all parts and manuals
quantity: 2
price: $35 each shipped

i can have quality boxes made and shipped to you for pretty damn cheap too

us acoustics usx 2050
160w rms
1 year warranty
$89 shipped

us acoustics usx 2080
280w rms
1 year warranty
$99 shipped

um, i think that's it
i have some online feedback, and i sold a set of speakers to someone on solaraguy.com last week, shipped out his speakers on monday, so he'll probably post something up when he gets them
AIM: pro956
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby pro956 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:22 pm

iazuncupidi wrote:i never personally heard of those. but a great setup will also be the JBL 600.1 mono amp that everyone in this forum has talked about. im currently running the JBL 600.1 amp and 2 12" crystal CSE 12.4 Dual voice coil. and they hit hard. wired the subs to run at 1ohm and they get massive power fromt he amp. this set up cost me under $500.00 u can view the subs reviews on www.sounddomain.com. this is what i would suggest. u can look at my system setup but goin to me website at the bottm. jus click on the link. will post pic soon.

nice subs :D
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:48 pm

if i decided to pair the cdt sub with box with the lightning audio amp do you think that would sound better than the infinity basslink? i haven't really ever heard of cdt and i didn't think lightning audio was outstanding.
thanks

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:03 pm

a couple more questions for u
where did you get these components from?
are you saying that i won't be able to tell the cdt sub is used?
what are the box dimmensions, i read these subs are good in very small boxes?
thanks

Postby pro956 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:46 pm

Anonymous wrote:if i decided to pair the cdt sub with box with the lightning audio amp do you think that would sound better than the infinity basslink? i haven't really ever heard of cdt and i didn't think lightning audio was outstanding.
thanks

well, too tell the truth, lightning audio isn't anything special, but it does the job. it's sort of was rockford fosgate's entry level company when rockford bought them, but they're trying to do bigger and better things with it now.
anyway, with the sub you have nothing to worry about, cdt audio is great-- MUCH better than a company like lightning audio or a rockford fosgate-- though they don't have as much selection. the lightning audio amp will not do the sub justice-- or will any amp in your price range. the sub is a sound quality sub, really nice sounding and it gets insanely deep for it's size and box requirements...
the sub is basically new, i hooked it up in my brother's car powered by a rockford fosgate 160a2 for around 25-35mins.

let me know if you have any other questions, send me over a PM and i'll msg you some of my online feedback and so on.

also-- why not register w/solaraguy.com?
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby pro956 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:53 pm

Anonymous wrote:a couple more questions for u
where did you get these components from?
are you saying that i won't be able to tell the cdt sub is used?
what are the box dimmensions, i read these subs are good in very small boxes?
thanks

i got kind of lucky:
i'm friends with a few people that own shops or are head installers in shops, as well as a couple people that are distributors/wholesalers.
you shouldn't be able to tell the sub is used, but i'm not 100% sure b/c i don't have the sub infront of me (i'm at college, the sub is at home 45miles away)-- the sub is in perfect shape, and there are no visible cosmetic imperfections. if you have the patients, i MIGHT be able to take pics for you if you are serious about purchasing. I'd have to be able to borrow my brother's girlfriend's digi cam
but, as i said, the sub is in perfect shape
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby pro956 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:02 pm

Anonymous wrote:box dimmensions, i read these subs are good in very small boxes?
thanks

k, i'm about 99% sure about this:
14 1/4" w X 12" h X 16 3/4" bd -- 11 3/4" td
.86 cubes = works really well with the sub
the sub recommendations are .45-.90 cubes
generally people going for sound quality build boxes on the higher side of box size recommendations (around .9 cubes)
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:33 pm

i registered finally
how do you compare the cdt with an infinity kappa 10 inch?
which do you feel is better?
thanks

Postby pro956 » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:10 pm

Anonymous wrote:i registered finally
how do you compare the cdt with an infinity kappa 10 inch?
which do you feel is better?
thanks

you registered? (you should login)
well, you can't really compare the cdt sub and the kappa sub
the cdt sub is strictly a sound quality woofer-- it isn't going to bump like crazy

kappa subs are nice, more spl than sq-- i think they sound kind of muddy at higher low end frequencies, but not many subs don't

personally? i would choose the kappa (if the price was the same)-- but then you would need a more expensive amp as the kappa is a higher power sub... i would choose the kappa b/c i'm a bass head

if i was going to run a system with those cdt subs, i would need 4 of them... that would be pretty nice

also, from your original post, i doesn't seem you aren't looking for a "booming" system
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:31 pm

I love my kappas. The Single voice coils were pretty easy to amp. Used a jbl bp600.1 for $195 and i'm running 300watts RMS to each. But you will see MUCH higher power than that. JBL is notorious for underrating their amps
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby blacksolarasle » Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:44 pm

my fault, i thought i was logged in
blacksolarasle
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby blacksolarasle » Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:46 pm

ya, the kinda bass i want is maybe just a little more than what the premium jbl system gives with bass set at 5. i wouldn't even bother with a sub if the speakers didn't start distorting at higher volumes because they really hit the bottom end pretty good.
blacksolarasle
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5