[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - help me make a decision pls
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

help me make a decision pls

Postby c2g » Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:27 pm

I have a silver one and i would definitely buy another solara i used to hate silver then when i saw it i had to have it signed the papers that night Everybody has hondas
c2g
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cdssolara » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:21 pm

Anonymous wrote:Do you guys regret gettin the Solara? If you can make the decision again, will you rather choose 2002 Accord Coupe V6, 2003 CL non-type S, or the Solara again? SOrry for all the trouble guys!! ThanKS :)

Tom

With the choices you just gave, I would still get the Solara. However, that's only because the Solara gives you the manual.

What you have to ask yourself is: What do you want from your car? If you want more performance, get the Honda or Acura. If you want more of a luxurious feel for less than you'd pay for a Lexus, definitely go for the Solara. If it's a toss-up, go for whatever pushes your buttons more.

Remember, you can always buy the one you like best, and than modify it to add the advantages of the other cars you like. In hindsight, I would have bought the CL-S with the 6 speed manual, but that wasn't available when I bought my Solara. Rather than trading, I just decided to upgrade my Solara to bring it beyond the performance capabilities of the CL-S.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:16 pm

hey, tom..you still reading the post??

i wonder what car he decided to buy if he already bought one ??
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ericatdallas » Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:11 pm

well if he bought a Solara he'd probably tell us about it. He's probably on the Hondaguy site <g> showing off his new car :)
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:23 am

No... I've been extremely busy with my school work :-? College is so STRESSFUL...aRGhH

I almost went for teh accord coupe v6 because it was soooooo cheap but after i test drove it i invested my money on a white solara.

One word, AWESOME. I love its power on the highway and its luxurious feel, glad that I made this choice.

Anyways, promise to help me out when i need advice with this car!!

TOM
Tom

Postby Fairlite » Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:22 am

Anonymous wrote:Heyyy thanks alot for the input :D

Some people tell me not to get Solara because of its look, they think it is for old people (I get really mad when I hear them say that, Solara looks really good!).

Hey Missay you are really good!! I AM in a struggle between the Celica and the Solara.

Every time I see a Solara in the parking lot, I always say WOW because it looks so sleek and elegant.

I plan to get a 2002 SLE V6 with sunroof for under 25k out the door. Is that possible? or can I get it with a lower price?

Tom

That is the reason why I bought one.

When I was looking around for a new car in 99, I was at first going to buy a 4Runner limited. I really like those, but one day getting a on oil change I was walking around the show room and I saw my first Solara and I just fell in love with it. From that point on I totally forgot the 4Runner and went for the Solara. Sure the care is marketed for Older people, but that is because of the amount it costs. There is just something in the look of the car that just grabs some people. Your friends MIGHT also be saying this too because they would be a bit jealous :) . Go with what you really like though, but don't let your friends influence you into getting a car you may really not want to buy just because they said so.
Fairlite
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Fairlite » Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:29 am

Anonymous wrote:Do you guys regret gettin the Solara? If you can make the decision again, will you rather choose 2002 Accord Coupe V6, 2003 CL non-type S, or the Solara again? SOrry for all the trouble guys!! ThanKS :)

Tom

With all the trouble Honda is having with their Auto Transmission, Iwould never buy one of those cars. The CL type S with the 6 Speed Manual though is a sweet car but the cost doesn't justify it for me.
Fairlite
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Missay » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:50 am

congrats, tom! i'm glad you like it!

we won't give you any more help though if you don't give us details!!

what color, what type, anything you want to show off, any solara stories!!?? :angel:
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:48 pm

I got a Diamond White Pearl SLE V6 for 27.5k out the door. I know its a littl expensive but he woundn't drop the price ARGhhH... Anyways, I am so happy that I got this car, no regrets!! By the way, I dont ever want to floor my car hahahha because I want to baby it foreveR~~~~ :D
No stories yet, but the car looks REALLY NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... heHehH!!

Tom

Postby Missay » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:00 pm

alright!! and i bet ya you won't have regrets!!! isn't it great going on a long drive and hardly ever seeing someone w/ the same car as you? i haven't seen another solara in about a week..if i had an accord..well that another story :D my other favorite is when people ask you what kind of car you bought and you tell them a toyota solara and they just kinda stare at you like..what's that??
27.5 isn't bad...i'm guessing you went w/ the 03??
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ericatdallas » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:02 pm

That's awesome that you like it! Get some pictures! I need to get some pictures of mine too, but I can't find my camera.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5