[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Got into an accident and need a little help
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Got into an accident and need a little help

Got into an accident and need a little help

Postby Feldwebel Karr » Fri May 28, 2004 5:37 pm

Hey, I am a new driver to Solaras, and I absolutely love them. I have a 2001 white v6 SLE Solara. However I did rear-end some lady in a suv the other day. Her car was ok cept for a little scratch. My car however is pretty messed up. The hood is bend, but stays on, the front left head lights need to be replaced, and the front bumper needs to be repainted.

One body shop told me around 1500-1800 for repaires, but he didn't give me a written report, so I imagine that doesn't include labor and painting. The second place gave me a written report and the total would be 3100 and that includes labor and painting.

Anyway I have decieded it is time to put some after market parts in since they are already going to do some work on it. Would anyone recommend what I should I put in? Anything besides a super/turbo charger, which I will have put in at a later date. Thanks for your help.
Feldwebel Karr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby geminimouse » Fri May 28, 2004 6:11 pm

Carbon fiber hood
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby indiglosolara » Fri May 28, 2004 8:10 pm

miltdoggie wrote:Fine example for getting the 1.5 front and the hood like geminimouse said!!!!!!!!!!^^^ :wink:

yup.. conver tot gen 1.5 and a nice front kit....
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby Jon11582 » Fri May 28, 2004 11:08 pm

Gunna need some bulb rewiring for the headlights, and the left and right fender and right lenses too for a conversion.

I say stick with the stock front, go CF hood (if you like that look). You can find cheap front bumper covers every once in a while on ebay since people who put on Blackwidow/Octane kits take thier stock bumper off. I dont know of too many white ones with BW/Octane kits though, so that might not be an option. Another option would be to just get the BW or octane kit.

On top of that, seems all you need is the left headlight lens. 3100 seems kind of steep to me for cosmetic damage on the bumper cover and hood, and a broken headlight. I have no idea how much a new painted stock hood would cost though..

CF hood - ~300
Bumper cover ~ 100-150(used off ebay) OR Octane kit - ~500
Headlight lens - ~ 50 (used off ebay)

Paint and mount = ?
Im sure itll be way under 3100 though.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby MaxBoostSolara » Sat May 29, 2004 2:36 pm

just get a body kit... since you have to paint anyways... that is if you plan on repainting your car a different color or getting a kit anyways... also... might as well go and get a carbon fiber hood... u can always paint that too if you don't like the carbon look...laters
MaxBoostSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jon11582 » Sat May 29, 2004 11:16 pm

With a CF hood, you also need hood pins, take out the hood shocks, fabricate some kind of hood holdup bar, etc. May be a bit much if you dont want the look anyways. Maybe someone here with a white Solara and a CF hood can hook you up with thier stock hood, altho I dont know of any.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby thealkimo » Sun May 30, 2004 2:32 am

agreed, if you ever considered to get a body kit, now is the time, since the front already needs to be repaired, in a way you are getting the front bumper for free.

azncupid, nice avatar...i keep rooting for her but she just can't quite do it :lol:
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5