[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - smoking tailights
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

smoking tailights

smoking tailights

Postby bhaktard » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:05 pm

i live in LA and i wanted to know if anybody knows of any good cheap places that will smoke my tailights . please list phone number and price thanks.
bhaktard
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Turbosolara » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:35 pm

just let you know its illegal to smoke it, its like a cop magnet
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby indiglosolara » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:41 pm

UltraslowSolara wrote:just let you know its illegal to smoke it, its like a cop magnet

But isn't most mods we do to our cars..

Im going to be smoking my tail lights too but just a not as dark as i wanted it before...

cops usaully aren't dicks about it..
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby esculatus » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:20 pm

smoking is referring to what?
isn't it just buying one of those smoke colored paint and spray your tail lights?? or am I missing something here. is it basically light smoked colored film... like a tint or something??
esculatus
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ChrYstiE » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:18 pm

miltdoggie wrote:Ive never had problems, Ive had police behind me no prob!!!!

but all your cars have been black, so it's hard to see...on a white car it would be really noticeable...
08 VW GLI
ChrYstiE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby krawzyazn » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:22 pm

remember mines :drinking: click WWW
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby pythonjosh » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:50 am

I smoked my taillights. Easy too. In Seattle there's a sporting goods store called G.I.Joes. And the tinting spray is 'Night-Shades (from VHP) Transparent Black Taillight Lens Spray'. My roommate has red and I'd bet that there's other colors if you can find someone that carries that brand, or the best thing is to go [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2474204287"]ebay[/url]. I already found an auction for it too. Go here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2474204287. You can spray it on as light or as dark as you want. Or if you want to make a design or just smoke sections, put masking tape over it and cut off the areas you want smoked. Have fun!
Josh
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby prowlerartist » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:19 am

so does this spray go on the outside or inside of the light, and if you did a masked design with that tape thing would the cops still give you trouble since part of it would still be clear?
prowlerartist
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby bhaktard » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:42 am

there are spray paints that are removable aswell ...i was thinking about doing it myself but i'd rather get it done professionally , check it out http://www.autodynamic.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SP-R43
bhaktard
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5