[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help w/ windshield pits
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Help w/ windshield pits

Help w/ windshield pits

Postby Sentinel » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:33 am

I got a helluva price on my 2000 XLEv6; one reason is someone drove it through a sandstorm or something. The windshield has a few more pits in it than I'd like. Does anyone know of a way to reduce the visibility of all those tiny pits you get on your windshield? None of them are big enough to warrant getting the windshield repaired by a pro. Just lots (and lots) of tiny chips.

Thanks for any help;
Stock in ATL
Sentinel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby RichP » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:57 am

RichP
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

thanks... but:

Postby Sentinel » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:09 am

Thanks for the link. It's better than I've found so far. I'm really just looking for somethging that will reduce the visibility of the chips. I don't think I want to take .5mm off the glass. : (
Perhaps I "should" consult w/ a pro, as I've done enough DIY projects to screw a few of them up.

Bone Stock, 100k miles, and a crummy windshield. At least I got rid of the (previous owners) tobacco stench!
Sentinel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby RichP » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:49 am

RichP
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:01 am

smoke stains are the suck.

for your windshield, just replace it from your own pocket. they shouldn't cost too much, although i dont remember the price.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby offthahook » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:17 pm

TRDMole177 wrote:smoke stains are the suck.

for your windshield, just replace it from your own pocket. they shouldn't cost too much, although i dont remember the price.

Prolly about $400. Make sure they use the proper adhesive and do it RIGHT or it will leak. Call your Toyota dealer and ask them who they use for glass installs. Trust me, the dealer outsources windshields...
offthahook
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby offthahook » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:17 am

miltdoggie wrote:LA @ About 150.00

New parts and labor? Since when is LA cheaper than Indiana??? :o
offthahook
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5