[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What harm can wax do to your paint??
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

What harm can wax do to your paint??

What harm can wax do to your paint??

Postby indiglosolara » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:45 pm

This is just a curious questions. When i wash my car i always try to wax it also. I usually use the cleaner first then i go with the zymol or the gold class.

But lately i have been lazy and brought my car to the car wash. I asked them to wax the car also.

My question is sometimes when i wax my car i can ocassionally miss a spot and the wax is on my car. The car wash ppls sometimes do the same thing and misses a spot.

At work i park in a parking structure but my spot is at the top level and my car tends to sit in the sun.

Will the left over wax damage my paint if it sits in the sun??? I dont mean immediate damage but will it damage the paint in the future?? or leave marks and faded spots????
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Re: What harm can wax do to your paint??

Postby offthahook » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:05 pm

iazuncupidi wrote:This is just a curious questions. When i wash my car i always try to wax it also. I usually use the cleaner first then i go with the zymol or the gold class.

But lately i have been lazy and brought my car to the car wash. I asked them to wax the car also.

My question is sometimes when i wax my car i can ocassionally miss a spot and the wax is on my car. The car wash ppls sometimes do the same thing and misses a spot.

At work i park in a parking structure but my spot is at the top level and my car tends to sit in the sun.

Will the left over wax damage my paint if it sits in the sun??? I dont mean immediate damage but will it damage the paint in the future?? or leave marks and faded spots????

You're prolly okay, but you don't need to wax your car more than about once every two months MAX. Most waxes have distillates that can be harmful to paint if used too often. Just clean off the haze ASAP and it'll be fine. I remember back in the day, the brothas would wax their whips and leave the wax on in haze form!! I dunno why...
offthahook
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby indiglosolara » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:08 pm

offthahook wrote:
iazuncupidi wrote:This is just a curious questions. When i wash my car i always try to wax it also. I usually use the cleaner first then i go with the zymol or the gold class.

You're prolly okay, but you don't need to wax your car more than about once every two months MAX. Most waxes have distillates that can be harmful to paint if used too often. Just clean off the haze ASAP and it'll be fine. I remember back in the day, the brothas would wax their whips and leave the wax on in haze form!! I dunno why...

Well i dont wash my car that often.. maybe once every 8 to 10 weeks.. this is why i wax everytime i wash...
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby 808Camry » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:55 am

this is OT but I really like your car, freakin' nice.

As far as the waxing goes, I only use the cleaner once in a while, I'd say 4 times a year, and wax like once a month.
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PureNocence » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:43 pm

iazuncupidi wrote:Well i dont wash my car that often.. maybe once every 8 to 10 weeks.. this is why i wax everytime i wash...

D A Y U M....8 to 10 weeks?? I see, you got the whole "protective dirt" layer thing going on huh :wink: Man, I wish I didn't have to wash my car for 8 to 10 weeks...black is so H.M. :roll:
PureNocence
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:03 pm

PureNocence wrote:
iazuncupidi wrote:Well i dont wash my car that often.. maybe once every 8 to 10 weeks.. this is why i wax everytime i wash...

D A Y U M....8 to 10 weeks?? I see, you got the whole "protective dirt" layer thing going on huh :wink: Man, I wish I didn't have to wash my car for 8 to 10 weeks...black is so H.M. :roll:

O believe me, I have to same color and after a day its dirty.

You are fine with your car, try to keep it away from a car wash though because they can scratch your paint.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby indiglosolara » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:35 pm

Yanks0114 wrote:
PureNocence wrote:

O believe me, I have to same color and after a day its dirty.

You are fine with your car, try to keep it away from a car wash though because they can scratch your paint.

Well it does get dirty fast like the next day most the time, so by the 8th to 10th week my car is covered in dirt, But my car is also garage kept.. I try not to wash it so often.

Also when i bring my car to a car wash its a hand wash place.. never machine...
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5