[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Iat sensor?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Iat sensor?

Iat sensor?

Postby aka7footer » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:37 am

HI ive searched and could not find anything showing or telling me where the iat sensor is. Could someone please help me out. I have an injen short ram air on my 2000 toyota solara v6 and i need to know if the iat sensor is a combo with the mass air flow or if its a separate two wire plug. Thanks in advance :)
00' black on black solara blacked out grill and tail lights, green interior lights, aftermarket glow dash,injen short ram air intake, green hid fog lights, double din jvc headunit,
aka7footer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Iat sensor?

Postby ThurzNite » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:26 pm

ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:51 am

its part of the MAF. Check resistance on terminal 5 (neg) and terminal 4 (pos). It should be 2.21 - 2.69k ohms at 68* and 0.29-.35k ohms at 140*
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby aka7footer » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:22 pm

ok thanks guys that will help me out. I got a chip but after I bought it I read that all they really do is tell your computer that the air temp is like 30degrees and it will just turn up your firing rate and air fuel mixture so im thinking about not even putting it on. Got any ideas on making it faster? i just dont know what else to do besides an exhaust.
00' black on black solara blacked out grill and tail lights, green interior lights, aftermarket glow dash,injen short ram air intake, green hid fog lights, double din jvc headunit,
aka7footer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:15 pm

don't bother with that "chip," it just makes the car run rich. Go fast parts are all over the forced induction and aftermarket sections. One thing to remember.....you gotta pay to play. Modifying this platform isn't cheap
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5