[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Where is RS3000 ECU in 2000 Solara SE? designtech removal
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Where is RS3000 ECU in 2000 Solara SE? designtech removal

Postby feniks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:30 pm

glad to hear that! thanks, you made me feel a lot better :D
i read somewhere that for older cars they had to replace whole security/locking system to give you new key (e.g. in case you lost all of them)...
'02 Solara SLE 1MZ-FE/A541E Coupe .: Denso : Akebono SP : HIR :. @ 125k
'00 Solara SE 5S-FE/A140E Coupe .: NGK : Hawk HPS : Philips Xtreme : RC : Magnefine :. @ 79k
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby feniks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:17 pm

stupid question. maybe i have no immobilizer in my car?
someone told me that they were factory installed for SLE V6 models only... dude says if i got no Security/Key LED on Instrument Panel then i got no immobilizer... anyway to check that? ask dealer?

if i got no immobilizer then i will have no bypass kit and maybe simply original ECU was unplugged (T-harness) by ignition and that is the reason Status Monitor always stays dead?

tomorrow will have to take off steering column panel and knee panel to see everything.
'00 Solara SE 5S-FE/A140E Coupe .: NGK : Hawk HPS : Philips Xtreme : RC : Magnefine :. @ 79k
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby feniks » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:41 pm

phew... it was a busy day, was doing lots of stuff around my car. finally found the time to remove the kick and knee panels on driver side and removed (unplugged) the remote starter module completely.

it was Designtech AutoCommand FCCID: ELGACLITE.

I'm still looking for an immobilizer bypass module, but was unable to remove plastic panels around ignition. can someone link some instructions how to get there? do i have to remove the huge black metal plate (hold by 4 bolts)?

how do i get the somewhat round plastic panel around ignition? damn, it's not easy, lots of other stuff needs to be removed first...

EDIT:

never mind about those panels, i removed them all today and checked visually all cables running from ignition cylinder/switch. nothing out of ordinary i think.

according to this listing, my car has immobilizer, so the question is HOW it was disabled/bypassed
http://www.ibc.ca/en/Insurance_Crime/do ... OVED_E.pdf
CAMRY SOLARA 2DR (All Trim Levels/Version) 2000 to 2007

... i just cannot find it! no bypass module, wires going to harness.
it's possible though that those wires are not going where they supposed to go in stock car though....

is it possible to re-wire ignition cables in such a manner that immobilizer would be bypassed without using a bypass module?
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby feniks » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:32 am

LOL :lol:
just called the dealer and gave them VIN number,they say they cannot see the factory immobilizer on this car! LOL, so i was looking for something that didn't exist, go feniks! damn, wasted 2 evenings on looking for bypass box which was not there LMAO...

since this one cleared out, i just need to get the remote and program it for RS3000 alarm and see if that works :)
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ruski » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:42 am

hey man thats the down side of buying car with someone else owned and installed aftermarket products , youll never know what you are looking for or even find
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby feniks » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:30 pm

yeah, that is pure truth. at least me got it sorted out finally :)

contacted car seller and he stated car has no immobilizer. this one is double checked then.

i received toyota remote (GREY) from ebay today and just programmed it into ECU. all works, RS3000 properly arms/disarms when using its remote.

i got mislead by ignition key not being recognized by ECU, it was like that because of missing immobilizer module - ECU would flash the status LED if key was equipped with transponder. all works anyways.

for now will leave aftermarket remote starter wires in car (no harm).

thanks for help! greatly appreciated, you were a very informative people, i learned tons of stuff thanks to you. have a good one!
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby djandrey_M » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:40 am

My car has what looks like stock alarm. It came without remote. Where do I find a remote? I tried ebay, couldn't find anything. Dealer asks $120 for the remote, plus $50 to program it, way too much.
djandrey_M
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby feniks » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:22 am

what is the year, model, trim and engine of your car ?

i bought 2 used remotes off ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWNX%3AIT

because i new that my car alarm is RS3000 working with gray (not black) remotes. my car alarm is not the factory one, it was installed by port/dealer and uses different remotes than the factory one.

I used this chart to determine the type of remote i need:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9766159/TSEL01007
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/skyvi ... e_prg1.pdf

this document covers all types of toyota alarms and remotes used from beginning until Nov 2007. first chart refers you to another toyota bulletin with programming instructions of your ecu/remote.
second chart shows an image of your remote.
Last edited by feniks on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ruski » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:23 am

i have one laying around shoot me a Pm , its from my totaled gen1
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby feniks » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:29 am

here is a complete Owner's Guide for RS3000 system:
http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/ ... rminfo.htm

if you need printable version, let me know. got also installation instructions for this alarm, based on 4runner. location of components differ, but it's same install guide essentially.

not sure if i posted it already or not, i had duplicates of this thread on 3 more forums.
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby djandrey_M » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:54 am

feniks wrote:what is the year, model, trim and engine of your car ?

Year: 99, engine: V6, automatic, trim: I think its SE cos the interior is regular, not leather.
djandrey_M
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ruski » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:33 pm

yea sle is only leather
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby djandrey_M » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:53 am

Sweet. Some useful charts you posted here Feniks. Thanks. I looked up the correct one I need and I think I will be ordering one off ebay now.
djandrey_M
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5