[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HELP!!!! MY SOLARA 99 SLE CAN NOT START
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

HELP!!!! MY SOLARA 99 SLE CAN NOT START

HELP!!!! MY SOLARA 99 SLE CAN NOT START

Postby solaragreen » Wed May 21, 2008 6:06 pm

Today i start my car,but the engine rotates but will not start.
The shop said it may be the fuel pump problem.
I found out there are a few of the problem that may cause this problem.
1.Fuel tank empty
2.Faulty fuel pump
3.Leaking fuel injector
4.Pressure regulator
5.Ignition components damp or damaged
6.Spark plug
7.Broken,loose or disconnected wiring in the starting circuit.
8.Faulty CAS sensor
9.Broken ignition wires at the ignition coils.
solaragreen
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Sentinel » Wed May 21, 2008 7:47 pm

You can check to see if it is spark by pulling a plug, putting the wire back on it, and cranking the engine while the plug is grounded to the block (try using a bit of wire... you don;t want to be holding the plug)
Sentinel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jakecallun20 » Wed May 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Since it cranks, it probably is a fuel problem. A dead plug would most of the time still allow the motor to turn over. It'll just run crappy. You'd know trust me.

To find a dead fuel pump, take the gas cap off and have a friend turn the ignition key to ON with the battery plugged in. Don't try to start, just to on. You stand next to the gas cap opening and listen carefully. You should hear a slight whir for about 2 seconds. No sound means either a dead pump or a loose power wire. Go over all relays and fuses corresponding to fuel system, both under hood and dash. As for fuel pressure, priming the system would take care of that, then it would start up fine but probably bog out from air in lines.

If I had to guess it would be the pump, loose fuel line, or fuse/relay
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TadS » Thu May 22, 2008 7:20 am

If you have spark, fuel and compression, check your timing. I had a no start issue with my Celica caused by a stretched timing belt. Talk about a pain in the butt to diagnose.
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby solaragreen » Thu May 22, 2008 10:50 am

TadS wrote:If you have spark, fuel and compression, check your timing. I had a no start issue with my Celica caused by a stretched timing belt. Talk about a pain in the butt to diagnose.

What about if the belt changed already?
One more question,how long can a fuel pump last??
Thanks
solaragreen
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby solaragreen » Thu May 22, 2008 10:57 am

Jakecallun20 wrote:Since it cranks, it probably is a fuel problem. A dead plug would most of the time still allow the motor to turn over. It'll just run crappy. You'd know trust me.

To find a dead fuel pump, take the gas cap off and have a friend turn the ignition key to ON with the battery plugged in. Don't try to start, just to on. You stand next to the gas cap opening and listen carefully. You should hear a slight whir for about 2 seconds. No sound means either a dead pump or a loose power wire. Go over all relays and fuses corresponding to fuel system, both under hood and dash. As for fuel pressure, priming the system would take care of that, then it would start up fine but probably bog out from air in lines.

If I had to guess it would be the pump, loose fuel line, or fuse/relay

thanks
solaragreen
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TadS » Thu May 22, 2008 5:00 pm

Fuel pumps can last over 200K miles w/o a problem.
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jakecallun20 » Thu May 22, 2008 7:59 pm

Yeah, I've recently heard of them crapping out if you run your tank to E. which sucks.
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby solaragreen » Thu May 22, 2008 8:18 pm

My tech told me that should be the crank sensor out of the funtion.He is going to replace it tomorrow.
Thanks for answering my question guys.
thanks
solaragreen
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5