[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Caliper Rebuild - Pad support plates and Slide pins
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Caliper Rebuild - Pad support plates and Slide pins

Caliper Rebuild - Pad support plates and Slide pins

Postby tboidsc » Thu May 01, 2008 8:57 pm

I had my calipers powdercoated and purchased all new pad support plate kits for the front and rear. When they came back all the originals supports and pins were removed, and I do not remember which go where. I also wanted to know where the sliding pin with the bushing goes for the Front and Rear. Does it really matter which slot this pin with the bushing goes in, top or bottom?

Does anyone have a detailed blowup of the front and rear brake systems, or maybe just some super closeup photos of their calipers insalled, so that I can get an idea where the pad supports go. They appear to be slightly different from each other.

The Hanyes manual I have isn't clear, and actually appears to be different than my application (maybe 4cyl pics)

In the front, one of the shims has an extra tab on the top with a hole in it, while the other doesn't.
2000 TRD Solara 5-sp DWP
1MZ-FZE engine
Supercharged, lots of extras
Renova front Grille
tboidsc
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5