[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Glove box removal-02 solara
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Glove box removal-02 solara

Glove box removal-02 solara

Postby ahimsa » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:26 am

Hi all,

I'm new and wish I'd found this along time ago. Anyway, here' s little about my car:
2002 4 cyl. solara se
5 spd manual
65000 mile
stock

Anyway, I'm trying to remove my glove box and need help. The advice in the Haynes guide is worthless because my hinges look diffrent. There is no hinge screw accesible. How do I drop the box down. I've tried to squeeze in the sides, but don't want to force it.

Help is appreciated.

Cheers
Evann
ahimsa
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Strider327 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:40 pm

Pull down and there should be screws on each side, top and bottom of it. And shake it around it should come right out.
Strider327
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby akora12 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:45 pm

There's probably more detailed instructions if you search, but to quickly help...

There are 3 screws on the top of the glovebox once you open the door. There are another 2 screws in the lower corners, the right one behind the lower kick panel. Once you've removed all 5 screws, give it a good pull b/c there are a few extra clips holding it in. Have fun reinstalling it...it always takes me longer to do so.
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5