[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Spoiler Brake Light (not working / replacement)
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Spoiler Brake Light (not working / replacement)

Spoiler Brake Light (not working / replacement)

Postby SC V6 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:19 am

My dash indicated that one of my lights on my back end wasn't working, I checked it out, and its the spoiler. I took the lighting fixture out and its all one uniform piece. I noticed that the inside had basically a line of lights, with some computer chips. I was wondering is it not working because of an electrical problem? Or is it that its just out on its life? I have 54,000 miles on the car... what do u think? Im goin to the dealership tomorrow to order a new setup... Should I have a tech at the dealership look at it? thanks Scott

Also, has anyone had this happen to them? I would think since its a comp, its not suppost to be changed out regularly...
thanks in advance
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby BurningSolara » Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:35 pm

The led's are supposed to last the life of the car. Have him take it out and test the connections. This will be a classic trial and error. Plug in the new one and it worls it was the led light bar. if it doesnt it may be the wiring. None the less it shouldnt have went out so soon.
So me placing 10 inch rims on my car will make it handle better? Cool.
BurningSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:08 pm

As burning said, most LEDS will never burn out. And the brake light on the spoiler is made up of a string of LEDS, the odds of all those burning out is highly unlikely. Sounds like an electrical problem
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby SC V6 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:05 am

Yeah, I went to the dealership and ordered one at about 1:30pm, and by 8:30 it turned back on after I pounded my subs for a while.. I think my subs are moving things around... and I think some wires were touching... so... it works now tho.. thanks
SC V6

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5