[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Car
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

New Car

Re: girl's car

Postby ericatdallas » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 pm

ToyGuy wrote:Sad to say around here most Solaras are driven by older women.(as in white-hairs) .probably to the country club..and they ALL have the gold kit. Lower it a bit and get some 17s and it looks completely different...mean even.

yeah, my friend's mom got excited when she heard that I got my car.
At first I thought it was because she's seeing me all grown up but she knew all about the car and I realized she liked it. :-/

And yeah, a friend of mine wanted me to get a Celica or an Eclipse but I thought those were too "girlie" too. The Mustang has gotten to be a girl car in the past couple of years too (or is more so now).

But in reality, I think the stereotypes are just starting to fall and people should realize that both girls and guys can enjoy a quality car.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: New Car

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:19 pm

Hey wrote:I got my new 2002 Solara SLE V6 about a month ago, but some of my friends say thats a girls car, man i hate it when they say that.
Can anybody tell me is it really for GIRLs??

:agrue: :( :x :cry: :evil: :-?

Girls car? Uhhh okay. Our club has 65 members. Only 2 of them are female. Our club has mostly Solaras lately. Here's a pic to prove that point:

www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ericatdallas » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:02 pm

Lots of white solaras....
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:06 pm

ericatdallas wrote:Lots of white solaras....

Actually only 3 Diamond White Solaras this time around. We got outnumbered by the 6 Silvers. One new 02 Lunar Mist and the rest were Silverstream. We had a total of 14 Solaras and 11 Camry sedans. That picture was only a part of it. The opposite side of the lot had IS300's, Gen7 Celicas and MKIII Supras.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby NASTY » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:12 pm

put up the pic with the supras!
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Missay » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:31 pm

wow, you don't understand how happy that picture makes me. it's like a little kid seeing all his presents at his bday party sitting on a table!

do many of them have black solaras? i don't see too many of them anymore...it's white that i see all the time! i did see some middle aged lady today w/ a black solara w/ the gold kit. it looks ok w/ the gold kit, but i think i like the black better w/ the silver. the white looks awesome w/ the gold though.

you really think that a celica is a chick car? from a girl's point of view i'd say that a celica is as far from a chick car as you could get! i don't know any females who drive a celica, and i don't think i've seen any who do.

i agree w/ the statement that the mustang is becoming a chick car. slowly, more and more teenage girls are buying them. i've noticed this a lot in boston! you guys would love it though..it's usually pretty, preppy looking girls who drive em.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby c2g » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:34 pm

my step mom and my sister both have celicas i see more girls than guys with them around here
99 silverstream SE V6 18" RSL nengans, Streetglow head and fog lights, Reverse guages,
Kicker L7 12" DVC, MTX amp, panasonic 903U, sirius, shaved emblems, clear corners,
altezza tails, K&N filter, mesh upper & lower grill so far
c2g
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Missay » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:39 pm

really?? you don't see that really in the area i live.

i'd say that the eclipse is definitely a chick car and a celica is mainly a guy car.

i think the solara is more of a guy car, but everyone calls it my chick car, so...
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ericatdallas » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:44 pm

Missay wrote:really?? you don't see that really in the area i live.

i'd say that the eclipse is definitely a chick car and a celica is mainly a guy car.

i think the solara is more of a guy car, but everyone calls it my chick car, so...

My choices came down to the Celica and the Solara. I think the main reason I went with the Solara was that a friend of mine kept calling it a chick car even though I hadn't seen any girls drive it.

I think we need to stop listening to what people say and just buy the car we want and are absolutely happy with.

I'm ABSOLUTELY in love with J.Lo! ;)
<see "New Slogan Thread" if you thought, "huh!?" >
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby c2g » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:58 pm

its the opposite here guys have the eclipse and the girls have the celica
99 silverstream SE V6 18" RSL nengans, Streetglow head and fog lights, Reverse guages,
Kicker L7 12" DVC, MTX amp, panasonic 903U, sirius, shaved emblems, clear corners,
altezza tails, K&N filter, mesh upper & lower grill so far
c2g
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:27 am

yes its a chic car ----girls love that car why becaus we love those 2002
lights and especially the new 2002 front.

get use to it

Postby Blaze » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:31 am

Anonymous wrote:yes its a chic car ----girls love that car why becaus we love those 2002

get use to it

register pleez 199.171.119.51 mr chucknick.ebi.com
Imagination is the hood ornament on the car of creativity.
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Missay » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:44 am

Anonymous wrote:yes its a chic car ----girls love that car why becaus we love those 2002

get use to it

lol..well i'm a girl, but i don't think that i can be in the "we" b/c i really don't like the new model!! everyone's heard my blah blah input about why and i've already defended myself, so i'm hoping no one's gonna get down my back!

i just love the original smooth lines and oversized fogs..much prettier than the new v front and weird shaped lights. it's still BEAUTIFUL, no question there!!

chick or guy car?? ahhh..i'd just say one good looking car!!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Jess689 » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:48 am

Missay wrote:
lol..well i'm a girl, but i don't think that i can be in the "we" b/c i really don't like the new model!! everyone's heard my blah blah input about why and i've already defended myself, so i'm hoping no one's gonna get down my back!

i just love the original smooth lines and oversized fogs..much prettier than the new v front and weird shaped lights. it's still BEAUTIFUL, no question there!!

You're right...as long as YOU like you're car, who cares if its "girly"!
Jess689
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ericatdallas » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:35 pm

Jess689 wrote:
Missay wrote:

You're right...as long as YOU like you're car, who cares if its "girly"!

grrrr when I say it no one listens but when Missay says it, it's "Yeah, you're right!" <sigh>
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5