[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - A design flaw in the solara...
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

A design flaw in the solara...

A design flaw in the solara...

Postby ericatdallas » Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:41 pm

eeek, I think so.. :(

Not so bad though. I noticed when I use the wiper fluid the wipers will fling the water back towards the sides. If I don't have my windows up, I imagine it'd hit me or my passenger.

Anyone have that happen?
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby droomyster » Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:25 pm

HAHA, try having your moonroof open and try using your wipers. i've been sprayed both ways, through the moonroof as well as thru the side windows. it kinda sucked, but i learned my lesson after the first time. it would be nice to be able to tone down the spray.
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MNSolara » Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:06 pm

I've had the same problem. That and water collects on the top driver side front corner of the power moonroof. When you take off it happens to stay there but when you stop...all of that water comes rushing down into the car through the driver side window. just an annoyance but I know better now.
MNSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby rnsmelody » Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:26 pm

i have that problem too.. but i get it on my back window also
rnsmelody
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krook » Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:47 pm

i'm not sure if any of you guys experienced this, but when i first got my car i noticed that when i closed my driver's side door, it would get caught on the rubber piece and after it sat for a while it would POP back in. . .real loudly! :o it hits so hard that it sets off my alarm. it would usually do it when i rolled my windows down, opened my door, roll 'em back up, and close my door. . .not so much anymore though. but once it happened when i was sitting in my car, and i thought someone came up and hit my window! :evilbat: nah, i did jump tho :oops: ne one else experience this??
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Missay » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:32 pm

krooked Solara wrote:i'm not sure if any of you guys experienced this, but when i first got my car i noticed that when i closed my driver's side door, it would get caught on the rubber piece and after it sat for a while it would POP back in. . .real loudly! :o it hits so hard that it sets off my alarm. it would usually do it when i rolled my windows down, opened my door, roll 'em back up, and close my door. . .not so much anymore though. but once it happened when i was sitting in my car, and i thought someone came up and hit my window! :evilbat: nah, i did jump tho :oops: ne one else experience this??

you know, funny that you mention that! the other morning i was pulling into a friend's driveway to park to go to the train station, and as took the turn from the street up the driveway i heard the loudest pop right at the top of the driver's side window. i'm not too familiar w/ the driveway yet and i thought that i hit something or someone to be honest! it sounded like the door wasn't closed and when i went over the pretty steep (like bottom out material) incline from the street to the sidewalk the door slammed shut. this couldn't be true though b/c the door ajar light wasn't on.

the door light doesn't always come on though. i found out early on that if the doors aren't completely shut the auto door locks won't work. i couldn't figure out why ever time i pressed the buttons they would lock and then pop back. lol..i was afraid the car was possessed or something! :angel:
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:30 am

Abt. the washer fluid going all over the place, use a needle to guide where you want it sprayed. Stick the needle to the hole and move it around.

Abt. the door, yeah, it's crappy. I finally figure out the problem, but it has been 36000 miles, and warranty is over :( gotta live w/ it.

Postby happy_aggies » Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:31 am

Abt. the washer fluid going all over the place, use a needle to guide where you want it sprayed. Stick the needle to the hole and move it around.

Abt. the door, yeah, it's crappy. I finally figure out the problem, but it has been 36000 miles, and warranty is over :( gotta live w/ it.
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby NASTY » Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:17 am

i have the problem of the water on the roof coming down inside through my window too...i think it might have something to do with the fact that the black rubber lining (with the chrome stripe) that outlines the windows isnt flush with the car the whole way around. it sticks out a little near the top so im guessin it almost forms a gutter leadin into ure car.
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ericatdallas » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:27 pm

NASTY wrote:i have the problem of the water on the roof coming down inside through my window too...i think it might have something to do with the fact that the black rubber lining (with the chrome stripe) that outlines the windows isnt flush with the car the whole way around. it sticks out a little near the top so im guessin it almost forms a gutter leadin into ure car.

It comes through your window when it's up??? I was talking about when the window was down. Yikes, you have a problem.

And I have no idea what you guys are talking about with the door thing.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby happy_aggies » Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:22 am

Eric,

Abt. the door, sometimes when I close the door,
the window does not 'go into' the frame, so it stucked outside,
I have to roll down my window a bit, close my door and roll up the window.
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:31 pm

I've had that same problem with my celica, and my solara.....i guess....after time, you get used to rolling up your windows when cleaning your winshield!!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby krook » Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:31 pm

bah. . .i just slam my door and gently punch my window just to make sure it's in the frame. **it's okay baby, . .just "love taps"** :P
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby NASTY » Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:09 pm

i never said the windows were up...
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Missay » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:41 pm

NASTY wrote:i never said the windows were up...

:P
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5