[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - help tire dilemma
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

help tire dilemma

help tire dilemma

Postby dinoxor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:41 pm

So I got another flat on the rear passenger side of the car and the bad news is that the screw punctured the side wall of the tire so I can't do the "quick" $5 dollar fix to fill up that hole

So here are my options:
1) replace both rear tires with new ones for 382 (since the rear driver tire also endured a puncture)
2) replace the broken rear tire with a used toyo for $30 and just wait until all of my tires to wear out

however the thing is that school is starting up and I'm on huge budget and I'm not sure if the quality of that used tire will cause any more harm to my car.
the threads on the rear driver side is still pretty good I'd say about 2 more years of driving and the two front i'd say 1.5 year (maybe I should get a tire rotation soon)

I'm stumped right now and don't know who to turn to...
I might check out discount tires to see what they have to offer but what do you guys think? :/
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: help tire dilemma

Postby ThatVietGuy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:12 pm

As long as the used tire has decent tread left, I'd go with that.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 pm

x2 on that just check out the tire make sure there isint an exesive amount of patches from the previous owner, anything is over 3 patches on that tire is a no no!
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby dinoxor » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:00 am

ToyoSolV6 wrote:x2 on that just check out the tire make sure there isint an exesive amount of patches from the previous owner, anything is over 3 patches on that tire is a no no!

Will the cheap quality tire effect my safety?
I was thinking about buying new hankook ones for 100.
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThatVietGuy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:52 am

Only if you put one on with a million patches or has metal showing.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5